The Internet is moving at such a breakneck speed, which concurrently paves the way for an enormous transition in the way parents take care of their children. A wide array of websites for parents is now available on the Internet, meaning that looking after the young has been greatly facilitated. Here are some highly recommended […]
Constipation is a common problem for babies. When babies are constipated parents often are worried and confused in treatment. This article would like to share with you the causes and treatment of constipation in babies.
1/Reduce the number of defecation
Normally, babies will defecate 2-3 time/day, if this number is less than that, there is a possibility that your child children suffer from constipation. However, there are exceptions, your child defecates 1 times/day or day off because he absorbs nutrients better than other children. Therefore, mothers should consider other signs to know whether your child is constipated or not.
2/ Faces of children is dry and solid
3/Children get abdominal distention and rigidity
After feeding, food which is not excreted from the body will cause abdominal distention and abdominal rigidity in children. In addition, children have signs of flatulence, dyspepsia, smelly fart.
4/Children may anorexia and cry at night
When prolonged constipation, the toxins in the body are excreted but also absorbed back causing children tired, loss of appetite and cry at night.
Causes of constipation in babies
- Infants are constipated due to insufficient feeding or the mother’s diet which has many hot and spicy foods. During breastfeeding, if mother keeps the habit of eating chili, ginger, hot pepper… the quality of the food will go through breast milk into the baby’s body and cause constipation.
- Losing water in the active children also causes constipation. In this situation, the mother should breastfeed children more.
- The child’s diet lacks fiber, vegetables also lead to constipation.
- Children with fever, cough, cold resorting to antibiotics can cause digestive disorders leading to constipation.
1/Warm water: applying for children from 1 month old
Warm water stimulates the child’s anal sphincter. The mother can do one of two ways:
– Soak your child’s lower body in a basin of warm water about 5-10 minutes, 2-3 times/day
– To the baby can defecate immediately, use a damp cloth or towel wetted with warm water. The mother pushes it directly into the child’s anus from 30 seconds to 1 minute. Children will immediately defecate.
2/Abdominal Massage: applying for infants from 1 month
The mother should place the baby lying on his back. The baby can wear clothes but it is more effective when children naked. Mother uses her right wrist close to the baby’s abdomen. Gently massage the abdomen are from the upper right to the upper left abdomen and right lower abdomen to left lower abdomen as figure 8. The force should not be too strong, just a 10-minute massage each and from 2 to 3 times a day. Keep doing continuously until the child makes through defecation should maintain this from 1-2 weeks to strengthen the effectiveness of treatment.
Honey has the hot temper so when applied will help stimulate muscles of anal spasm helping the child defecate more easily. Mom can apply honey on the top swab or a small onion and apply it on children’s anal swab to a depth of about 0.4 inch and babies around the outside. Only 5-10 minutes later, he would defecate easily.